Please click on blog archives (right sidebar) to see the work of and information about previously introduced artists.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Daryl Nelson


I'm a retired Sr VP of an Insurance company, Liberty Northwest
Insurance in Portland, andmy wife and I moved to this community
almost 12 years ago. For the first couple years we gardened,
started a sheep flock, a flock of chickens and that sort
of thing. Some 8 years ago I decided I wanted to try painting
I thought I ought be serious about it so I set up a bedroom
in our house as a studio, made certain that I drew or painted at
least 2-3 hours daily, and scheduledmyself for formal classes at
least every 6 months.

My wife is a Master Knitter and when Boersma's Knit Shop opened
in McMinnville I contributed 10 paintings as decor. They are still up.
About 4-5 years ago Sandi Colvin asked if her gallery, Hidden Treasures,
might represent my work. I agreed and they still do. Four years ago I joined
the Yamhill County Arts Alliance October Tour and have participated
since. I'm a member of the Watercolor Society of Oregon. I've had
work up at several retail outlets on 3rd at different times.
I've also shown at outlets in Newberg and will be there again at a
law firm on the main street Saturday Feb. 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment